MELIOR & CO. CIC (“MELIOR”) is the lead data controller in respect of personal data processed under this policy. The company number is 12960808 and registered address is at Riverside Close, London E59SP.
MELIOR is committed to ensuring that your information is kept secure at all times. When asked to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Any information provided will not be used or shared outside MELIOR.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
MELIOR collects personal information about you to inform you about, and provide you with MELIOR Products, to deal with any enquiries you may have about them and to improve and develop these and the site for the future.
INFORMATION MELIOR COLLECTS
When using this website and services, you may be required to provide contact and identity information including:
- Your name, address, telephone number, birthday, mail address, and other basic contact information.
- Non-personally identifiable information that is automatically collected may include; your IP address, computer sign-on data, browser type and version, operating system and platform, statistics on page views, traffic to and from this website and individual pages on this website and data that may be collected through cookies or other means. For instance the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site; products viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- General information regarding our products/services you have registered to receive.
- Transaction data – Details of the MELIOR Products you have purchased from us and information about whether or not payment has been made.
- Marketing and communications data such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
MANAGING COOKIES - OPT OUT
Most browsers allow you to disable / refuse to accept cookies. The way to do this will vary by browser and browser version. The links below contain information on the most up-to-date instructions on blocking or deleting cookies. Please keep in mind, blocking all cookies can have a negative effect on the usability of the website and may block some features from use.
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to – where we need to perform a contract with you, where necessary for our legitimate interests where those are not override by your interests and rights, for legal compliance and where none of those apply, with your consent.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
MELIOR may use your Personal Information to:
Provide information about our products/services.
Resolve complaints or issues and to troubleshoot problems.
Verify your identity and the information you provide.
Encourage a safe online experience and enforce terms of operation.
Improve products/services and customer experience as well as inform you about updates specific to your order (for example delivery tracking, order status and support for incomplete orders)
Provide you with information that may affect your use of this site including products and services.
Communicate marketing and promotional offers to you in instances where you have opted in to receive them. Note that you can opt out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
MELIOR does not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties. In permitting circumstances may share, and you hereby consent to our sharing of, personal information with the following:
Service providers and affiliates who assist in the delivery of our products/services provided to you, the enforcement of our terms and conditions, and the promotion of trust and safety.
Third parties if MELIOR believes that disclosure is advisable or necessary to comply with the law, to enforce or apply our terms of operation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of MELIOR .This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links, you should note that MELIOR has no control over such other websites. Therefore, MELIOR cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, as such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
All personal information we have about you in store or through the site is stored on secure servers operated by third party IT service providers. We have put or ensure that there are in place appropriate security measures and policies to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Where information has been passed to our third party service providers they will only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. MELIOR ensures that these third party service providers will only process your personal data in accordance with this policy and applicable Data Protection legislation.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you.
• the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
• the right to object to inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
• the right to correct inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
• the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
• the right to request erasure of any personal data where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the contract;
• the right to be forgotten;
• the right of data portability; and
• the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time. For instance you have a right at any time to withdraw consent to receiving marketing from MELIOR.
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through email. Pleasenote that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customer against fraudulent requests.
If you are concerned or have questions about how MELIOR handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link here
Named DPO: Diane Cheung
Date of last update: 19 Feb 2021